Monday, July 15, 2013

Week 2- July 8

This is a list of 5 things I learned while I've been at the MTC.

1- The Church is true! I kinda already knew that, but there's something about the Spirit here that confirms it. Elder Merrill and I were talking about how the church was prepared and how there is no question that God had a plan and that He prepared a way for the gospel to stay forever.

2- If you are living how you're supposed to, the Spirit will constantly put thoughts in your mind. Looking back on my life I have had so many times when I acted on a prompt of the Spirit and I didn't even realize it. Adam helped me understand that all righteous thoughts and desire to do good is from God through the Spirit. Elder Bednar said, "If any of you guys are wondering whether thoughts are your own or if it's the Spirit, here's the answer. Stop worrying about it! If you are being  a good boy or girl then you will always be guided by the Spirit and simple thoughts you act on can be a tremendous impact on others." This is so true so I've been trying to work on that.

3- This is a special time to be a missionary. It is time for us to go to every nation, tongue, and people and go get the W! This is God's work and no force on earth can stay it!

4- Families are the reason we are here, the reason we are happy, and the reason we baptize. Being sealed to your family is why we are here. It is how we obtain joy and how we become like God. The pioneers gave everything just so they could have the chance to go to the temple and be sealed to their families. We teach to baptize and we baptize to be able to seal in the temple.

5- The doctrine of Christ is the deepest part of our religion. Like Adam said, "The doctrine of Christ is the center of our religion. Much like a pond, the center is the deepest." I learn so much about the scriptures every day. We are blessed to have them in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment