Monday, February 24, 2014

Week of February 24, 2014

Tyler's view of Oklahoma City

There's not a ton to report on this week. It was a good week, but nothing too exciting happened. I learned a ton this week though! We had a mission wide district leader training, and I learned a ton from that. I got to be companions for the day with Elder Anderson, my last district leader. He's from Danville up in Nor Cal. He's become a great friend! So we had a great time together!
 
So I guess I'll talk about my sweet learning opportunities this week! Most of it was from our movie night we had saturday evening. We watched 17 Miracles. That movie is super powerful! We had a member invite a friend, which made it worth it! But I learned so much from it! I thought it was amazing that every single prayer that was offered by those saints, who had nothing, they were suffering beyond belief, and were barely alive, all started by thanking God for something. Most of the time it was thanking God for the gospel that allows us to have so much. All the miracles that came were from prayers of gratitude. It built my faith in the power of gratitude! I know when things get hard for me I start by begging for help, when really I need to be thankful for all that I have. I have been blessed with many things! Anyways that's my thought of the week.
 
Well, not much else to say. Sorry, been a really slow week! I've been battling a cold too, which hasn't been too fun. But this really was a week of growth! It's been great!
 
Hope everyone has a great week back home! Thanks for the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment