Monday, July 28, 2014

Week of July 28, 2014- Transferred!

How's it going! I think it's been a while since I've had time to email everyone, but I have time today! Haha the library here is much less packed.

So I left Del City after 6 months and made here to Duncan and I'm excited! The ward here seems to be great!  The work has been slow historically but there seems to be a lot of work to do, so I'm excited about that!

Let me tell you about a little spiritual impression I had this week. We were trying someone and they weren't home so we were driving to the next place and I looked over and saw a lady walking her very young child inside. I just felt a pressing feeling to knock on that door. But we were in a hurry so I just pulled over and wrote down the address, then drove off. The next day we were back in the area and so we went to go knock on the door and these older people walked out and so we started to try to talk to them and they like completely denied us. Haha so we just kept walking and they got in their car and drove off, but I still felt like knocking on the door. So we did and the lady I had seen the day before opened it with a huge smile, and she invited us to come back and teach her! Then we went back and her husband talked to us and he was super prepared for us!!! So it was an awesome miracle, and it was just a thought that pressed on me until I did it. So it was cool!

Another cool story is about a part member family that has been hard to get in contact with I guess. Well after district meeting we stopped by and they invited us in and we had a good talk with them for a while. They have been married for 16 years now.  So I shared a message with them from Genesis 2:18 and 24. I said, "Why would God say it's not good for man to be alone in the garden of Eden, and command them to marry, and then after we die all of a sudden change his mind and not let us be married? It doesn't make sense… "  Haha then I went to Ecclesiastes 6:14 and said, "Now God must have married Adam and Eve because He was the only one there to do that, and this scripture says whatever God does, he does forever. Therefore Adam and Eve must have been married forever." Then we talked about how God has given the sealing power to servants to marry others for Him like it says in Matthew 16:19. Then we talked about how when they were killed, that power was gone. Then we taught about Joseph Smith (so yes, we taught the Restoration without them even knowing it until this part. Haha and they were already enjoying it so it was too late for them to stop us!) and how it was restored through him, then we invited the member to testify of Joseph Smith. He started going off about how he knows Joseph Smith was a prophet and he did an awesome job. It was super cool to see that it clicked with him that they need to be married by that authority or else they can't be together forever. It was just interesting because we kinda winged it and it went super well! I'm glad but it was a sweet miracle because I guess he's been not too keen on missionaries teaching his wife, so this will be good! It will be a process but it was exciting nonetheless!



Well, that's about it for me here. I love the area, and there's a lot of work to be done and I'm excited to do it! It also looks like I'll be headed back to the Midwest City/ Del City area this Saturday for K's baptism, who I've been working with for the past 6 months, so I'm very excited about that as well! Hope everything is going well back home!


No comments:

Post a Comment