Thursday, September 19, 2013

Week of September 16, 2013

So I'm pretty sure that all my subjects in all my emails are about how great the weeks have been. But every week is great when you get to do this! Like there are definitely hard times and all, but overall life here is special and just way fun! So yeah, that's why all the weeks are good!

Happy birthday to Adam last Saturday and Mom on Friday! Good for you guys! You made it another one! Haha... no but love you guys and I'm sorry I missed it, but know I would have loved to have been there!

Alright so this week was awesome, but the best stuff happened Tuesday! I should have known that it would be one of the most memorable days of my mission because we went to Olive Garden for lunch! Haha that right there should have told me that it would be a special day! But the reason it was special is because we were sitting in our car and Elder Owen was sending a text. While we were waiting, our downstairs neighbor walked up to the car (we were parked outside the apartment) and he asked what we were doing. We said we were about to go to someone's house to "teach them the word of God" and he said, "You wanna do that with me sometime?" We didn't know if he was kidding or not because he's always joking with us, but he set up a time and we met with him and taught him! He wants to change his life and we are so excited to help him!

We had a lesson with the Pitmans! Haha they bought us that game "Shut the Box" which will be fun! I might send it home so you can play with it but we have fun playing with them! But we taught them about how important the Book of Mormon is and committed them to read it and pray about it. We went over with them what it means if the Book of Mormon is true. It means three things. First,  it means that Jesus Christ is our Savior. Second, it means that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. Third, it means that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is God's kingdom on the earth and that it is being led by Jesus Christ himself. We're excited for them to read and we're hoping they will!

Yesterday the Linares family came to church again! They're really great and we're planning on setting a baptismal date with them this week! We're so excited for them and they really are a special family! We're extremely excited to teach them this upcoming week!

Well that's about all that happened. We have a couple referrals we should start teaching this week, and we get to do a fireside with the youth and help them learn how to effectively share the gospel with their friends. We're super excited for this week and we're hoping that we can keep up with all that should be going on!


I need to get going, but I love you all! Hope all is well back home! The church is true and the everlasting gospel blesses my life daily! I'm so thankful for it! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment