Monday, September 2, 2013

Week of September 2, 2013

So I had an extremely cool thought the other day while we were riding our bikes outside in the light rain... I'm living the dream!!! Like I dunno it doesn't feel like it but as I stepped back and thought about it, I really am! I've wanted to be a missionary for such a long time, and the time is here! I dunno it was a crazy cool thought!

This was a great week in this part of the vineyard! Brother Blake from the Norman 4th ward finally got back from Utah, so we finally met with the people he wanted us to meet with! So he told me that he hopped on his wife's facebook account and sent ya a message. I was still confused on that whole thing, but I think I got it now! Anyways she's super nice and received the message very well. She's going to read and pray, and when she comes to know these things are true she's working to be baptized on September 28! And her mother was there unexpectedly and she's going to work to be baptized on that date as well! It was pretty cool!

Yesterday we had an investigator come to church! It was Alice. We're so excited for her to continue to progress! She's the one who said she feels like there's a huge hole in her life. She was asking us why we as 19 year olds should be teaching her, a 66 year old, about this stuff. She's like, "Were you guys born Mormon?" and we said yes. She looked me dead in the eyes and said,  "Well then why are you Mormon?" I looked at her and said, "I'm Mormon because I came to know for myself these things are true, and when I went to college I had to make a choice. I had to chose if I wanted to live the way everyone else lives, or if I wanted to live the way my parents raised me, and the way I know that I'm supposed to live. I had to chose if I wanted to go to church or sleep through it. I had to make choices, and I chose to live how the church teaches us to, and that made me happy!" She really liked that answer. Anyways she came to church and said she loved it! She was telling us how she prays to find answers from the Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants, flips to a random page and then finds it. She says it's so cool and she's loving it!

We were out walking around Washington and a guy just called us over. He asked what we were selling, then he saw our name tags and he said, "Oh you're sellin some Jesus!" And we laughed and I said "Yup! He's free 99!" Haha but he asked us what the difference between us and Baptists is (we get that question about.... Oh 20 times per week. Haha) But we taught him some restored truths and gave him a Restoration Pamphlet. He said, "I'm going to read this!" We asked where he lived and he told us Oklahoma City, and told us to send missionaries out to him! We gave him a Book of Mormon and he said, "This stuff might change my mind about a lot of things!" He told us he sprayed a church building in Moore (for bugs or whatever) and that for some reason that building had been on his mind all the time for a couple days. I got chills when he was telling us that! Anyways that was such a cool miracle! 

So things in Blanchard are going great! We're so happy to be here in Blanchard and to see things happening! Our Branch is becoming more and more missionary minded every week! We're having a blast! 


Hope everything is going well with you guys! Have a great week and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment